Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paul Stanley - People, let me get this off my chest




















I've seen KISS 3 different times. Every time was fantastic, of course, but I'll bet 1/5 of the shows consisted of Paul spouting off the corniest shit you ever heard while the rest of the painted fogeys caught their breath. The thing is, it's a great ploy, and the things he says/sings/caterwauls are some of the most hysterical things you've heard in your life. Now I do recall some of the banter being the same from show to show, and of the 70 tracks, there's plenty I heard in person. No matter. What's important is that years after the shows, it's Paul yelling out "I BEEN TO YAKIMA!" that my friends and I recall the most fondly. That and his remark about some woman's bared boobs: "Ooh, you could store a lot of milk in those! I need some vitamin D!" And here some smartass lovingly combed through a bunch of live recordings and picked out some winners, then released it to the internet to the applause of all. Because this stuff is pure comedy gold. His intro to "Love gun" has him talking about how he's packing a pistol. His six-shooter of sex. His Uzi of ooze. His LOVE GUN! When delivered as only Paul can, it becomes apparent that he's some kind of comic genius, blessed at birth with the gift of perfect delivery. You're laughing at him. You're laughing with him. Only Steve Martin can get laughs with the arrow through the head gag, and only Paul can pull this stoopidness off. And boy, does he ever. You can find it for free on the infernets. Get it, you got nothin' to lose. (hee! I made a KISS joke!)

No comments: