Wednesday, September 2, 2009

HATE IT! part 11 - The tragically hip - Road apples



















Wow, this is my 3rd go at getting this post up. I guess someone at google must really like these guys. I think there are too many warm fuzzies floating around this blog lately, so it's time to call shenanigans on some garbage. Well, these guys set the bar awfully low when they called their album "Road apples", but they didn't manage to live up even to that. According to Wikipedia, "The album is often cited by fans and critics as the band's finest work." I remember when this came out the critics were all stoked on it. Then I heard it and I couldn't for the life of me understand why they thought it was so good, or how anyone could get a job as a critic when they had such obvious defects in their judgement. This is the worst album of 1991. Think about that. Think about what came out in 1991 and Gerardo and Color me badd and everything else that happened (isn't that when Celine Dion made the scene, more or less?) and drink that in for just a minute, and then think about what it means when I say this is the worst album of 1991. Just think about what that means.

No comments: