Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ass burners - Blasting poo armageddon













Anyone who knows me would know that as soon as I saw this I was bound to give it a listen and a review. Obviously, shit-themed metal is going to tickle my fancy. It should come as no surprise that this is "novelty" music. But since it's pretty much all in french, I could pretend it isn't... except for when it goes from some seriously righteous riffage into a fucking polka. I mean, on the one hand I don't think there's much room to be disappointed by that, and they actually do it pretty well, but on the other hand, I was just rocking out and digging it and only understanding every 4th word and it was fine until it changed. So I dunno. With such fecal gems as "scheiße wurst", "Proctologue", "Tout dans l'anus", and "Anal speed dating", you pretty much get what you expect. The riffage is great, these dudes are a surprisingly good metal act. They throw in their "other genre" bits with a fair amount of sophistication, though I still don't care for that. Hearing shit metal in french is pretty cool. Check 'em out if you're feeling sophomoric and not too picky about things. It's kind of worth it. Kind of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I didn't even need to read the review, but hearing that it was in French makes it even better.